Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Ranting Blog

Rant Number One:

Does television really have to play the scariest commercials during football games?? I mean seriously the last few NOON games, college and one o'clock games, NFL have had previews for movies like "The Witch" and scary commercials about intruders for ATD... they scare the crap out of me and you wonder why my two year old can't sleep at night?! My husband and I have gotten really good at charging into the room and grabbing the remote like a ninja, changing the channel when we get a glimpse of a scary one, but sometimes I'm getting the game time snack and he's wiping the dog's muddy paws and my two year old is left at the mercy of these scary commercials... it's NOON folks, doesn't someone in the sports TV business have a kid!? Don't they watch sports with their kid?! Seriously, save the scary commercials for the scary times at night!


Rant Number Two:


There is one time and only one time during the day that I am clean and that is the minute I step out of the shower. My dear husband let's me take nice showers if he is home every night and I get twenty minutes of complete alone bliss (that is the time I write these blogs. Seriously I'm hiding out in my bathroom typing this up right now:) I step out of that shower without a single whiff of poop, spit up, peanut butter, wet dog, or playdough. For one moment, I smell like the old me, the before kids me. I smell CLEAN! But daily, every single time I step out of that shower, my one small moment of cleanliness has disappeared with three nightmarish words "mommy I pooped." God please change my son's bowel movement schedule, thanks!


Rant Number Three: Moms that look good 24/7


I am sooo sick of seeing mom's that look sooo put together. Their outfit matches their purse, their purse matches their make-up and their make-up matches their diaper bag. They are toting around two beautiful children who match just enough that it's not too much... I can barely put make up on before running out the door with my one kid who refuses to wear anything but cheesie Cars shirts!! It is very, very disheartening. Please perfect looking mothers have one off day so I don't feel so terrible!!


Rant Number Four:

What's with non-jolly Santa's. For Christmas this year, we didn't do the mall Santa or the breakfast with Santa. But we did do the Polar Express and ran into a few Santa's here and there when we were out and about this Christmas. Everyone else that we met, the elves, the gingerbread men, everyone but Santa was jolly and friendly and had a smile on their face. But when I got my pictures back with my son standing with any Santa this season, they looked crabby and glum. I don't think I noticed it at the time because I was watching to make sure Dylan wasn't scared and that he was enjoying his time, but looking at these pictures, they all looked awful! luckily my Father-in-law dresses up every year for all of the kids, so my son got to enjoy one very jolly, happy Santa... But shouldn't Santa be the most jolly man you've ever seen? Maybe they are working too many overtime hours... maybe they need to hire happier Santas!

No comments:

Post a Comment