Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Late Christmas Present

So my son gave me a late Christmas present last night. Let me set the stage for the occasion...

Because of all of the late nights at Dad's basketball games and Christmas events, my son has been a pain at night to put to bed. He gets into bed fine, without a fuss, but he is in a toddler bed now and knows how to open his bedroom door so after we say goodnight, he has been coming out of his room, three or four times before going to sleep. Every time it is a different excuse (sometimes I feel like I am dealing with a teenager) "I need more water," "I need to find x stuffed animal," "I need my blankets fixed" and our all-time favorite nightly excuse "I don't know, mommy. Too hard to sleep, mommy. Too hard!" So Dylan was doing this nightly routine of coming out of his room with an excuse.

About the third excuse into the evening, Dylan comes racing out of his bedroom, a huge grin on his face with his hand held out. "Here mommy! Here mommy!" I reach out to him and he starts pushing something into my hand, rubbing it into my hand. I asked him "what is it Dylan? Did you find something in your bed?" and then my husband asked him, "where did you find it Dylan?"

Dylan's answer: "My nose!!"

I got my first booger, I am officially a mom of a toddler. My son gave me a late Christmas present, I got my first official booger. Thank you Dylan. I love you sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment