Monday, March 29, 2010

Muddy Paws

Dear God,
It's me again... After cleaning dirty bums all day, the last thing I want to do is clean dirty paws. So if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you ask the sun to come out and dry up all the mud? My dog and I would like to spend our only free time (during naptime) in a more enjoyable way. Thank you much,
me

I never understood what drove some mom's to dress up to bring their kids to a playdate or to the grocery store... well now I do. As a stay-at-home working mom, I now realize the self worth that comes with a simple change of clothes. I watch three other children other than my own 20 month old son and we have a 44 lb. mutt. In the summer and the winter, my clothes are covered in throw-up, spit up, every food imaginable, glue, and best of all snot. In the spring and fall, my clothes are covered in mud, mud, more mud and some snot. I have now descovered that putting on a fresh outfit and fresh make-up make mom's feel like they are part of the outside world. They don't want to be judged by the mud on their pants and spit up on thier shirts. Instead they want to be taken seriously and talked to like a human being, capable of looking like part of the outside world. For my part, I do my best to take the mud and the spit up to the grocery store and Target, I kinda like the looks, but there are days when I slide on a fresh new look and I feel like I can leave the mud behind and join the world of the clean and put together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment