Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm Tired

It has been one of those days. It's the end of the week and I am at my wits end. It is not that my son has been extra bad, or it has been an extra demanding week. All I can say is, I'm tired...

I'm tired of hear "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy."
I'm tired of putting on shoes, socks, sunscreen, hats. Breaking up fights between my son and his buddies. Making sure that everyone has a clean nose and a clean butt.
I'm tired of the smell of a poopy diaper.
I'm tired of cleaning up car after car after car after car during naptime.
I'm a horrible mom for saying this, but I' m tired of reading "Cars" and "I Love You Through and Through" and "The Creation Story" every day, twice a day for the last year.
I'm tired of being ordered around by two year olds. I'm tired of hearing, "banana please, cheerios, cheese please, mommy I got yogurt on my shirt, help!!!!!!"
I'm tired of being poked and prodded. I'm tired of being touched and grabbed and charged like a bull because it is football time or baseball time or tackle!
I'm tired of cleaning the dogs paws, taking the dog for a walk, making sure the dog has her medicine.
Is it so bad to say, I'm just tired of being mom today? Is that awful? I feel awful. I have been short tempered and not very patient at all today.
I don't have any excuse. All I can say is...
I'm just tired.
It's been one of those days and I'm doggon tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment